Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Food for Thought

I went for a lunch with this friend of mine... Although she is my mother's friend but I like to call her my friend too.. Poor mother is always insecure from both ends... The daughter and the friend while we enjoy our candidly secret relationship.. I think she singularly thinks the highest of me. She calls me HJ (that's short for #hiddenjewel) We have nothing in common except for our mutual adoration for the other and perhaps the love for books... She is a mother of two (who I believe are much more cool and smarter than me. They're the quintessential#mostlikelyto kids *touchwood *), I am unmarried and absolutely unacquainted to the phrase#responsibility. I am usually getting into bed after a late night with friends or a serial marathon on the laptop when it's already time for her to wake up for yoga and daily chores.. While I live with my phone under my grip 24x7 and am constantly online, she doesn care to even possess a smart phone (I like such out of the ordinary ppl)... So as is customary.. Before, during, after the lunch I was clicking away pictures from this angle and that filter she goes on to tell me this #bizzarefact that India tops the statistics of the number of deaths due to clicking selfies.. While I was clicking this particular one I exclaim and laugh at this extraordinary piece of information. I continue the conversation on this line and agreeingly say these are days when ppl are not as concerned about living their lives as they are about chronicling it... I am unashamedly one of the selfie takers, check-iners, pouting, updating, commenting, liking regulars who many find certain pride and satisfaction in condescending ridiculing.. While I am all for individuality, and being different, or crazy, or weird, I also unapologetically support doing what you want to without worrying about what who says .. I think that's as confident as you can be an individual, be it out of the box personality or one blamed for lack of originality #foodforthought #burp#beyourself that the most original you can be

No comments:

Post a Comment